About Me

My photo
I met my husband about 6 years ago and we got pregnant about a year into our relationship. He is 4 now and such an amazing kid! We have been struggling to have a successful pregnancy for 2 years now, with 4 miscarriages all in the first tri-mester

What does it all mean??

TTC= trying to conceive

BBT= basal body temperature

HPT= home pregnancy test

OPK= ovulation predictor kit

BFP= big fat positive (what we want!)

BFN= big fat negative (what we loathe...)




What's been going on?

Dec 2004: Met Derek at a friends birthday dinner (and didn't like him lol!)

Feb 2006: Conceived Owen by surprise

Sept 22, 2006: Derek and I got married

Nov 6, 2006: Owen was born!

Nov 2008: Decide to TTC for #2

Jan 2009: Longest cycle ever, take HPT and got a BFP. Go to dr and find out we're mid miscarriage

May 2009: BFP!

June 2009: Go to DR for first OB appointment to find no heartbeat, off to hospital for D&C. Told to wait 3 months before TTC again

Dec 2009: BFP and one week later start bleeding, miscarriage #3

Jan 2010: Go in to see DR, check blood and all organs working well, and ovulating well.

April 2010: Another BFP. About a week later start bleeding again, miscarriage #4.

May 2010: Talk to my DR, has me wait 6 months before TTC again.

Sept 2010: Go to follow up with DR, has me start taking prenatal vitamins, baby asprin and progesterone 48 hours after ovulation (to take until my cycle starts, or reach 13 weeks in a pregnancy)

March 7th 2011: BFP!!!!! (over the next few days I ended up taking 4 tests to be for sure positive)

April 4th 2011: First OB appointment... saw lil baby on ultrasound and STRONG heartbeat of 175 bpm.

June 27th 2011: Second ultrasound, we're having a lil boy!

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9.10.11

So, yesterday was quite a day for me. I had a wedding to go to in Steilacoom. That was all I had planned. Right before the wedding started, I started to cramp. These continued with pretty strong (or strong to me) contractions. Throughout the ceremony and reception they continued. My sister got me some bread and water to hopefully help and it didn't. So, I called St. Elizabeth hospital to see what they would suggest. The nurse I talked to said, to just head to the nearest hospital to get evaluated. So, we looked up the nearest one and headed out. We got to St. Clare's in Lakewood and were told to head to the ER. After I was checked in and my vitals taken, I was sent back to a room. The DR came in super panicked and told me there was no OB dept in that hospital. Which of course we didn't know. He decided to check my cervix (um, this guy should be banned from doing that!!!!) and I hadn't dilated. He told me we needed to go to St. Joe's to be evaluated. So, I figured we'd just hop in the car and go... nope! Because I was going to be evaluated for pre-term labor I needed to be transported by ambulance. Great... about an hour later I'm in an ambulance going on a 10 minute drive. At St. Joe's they checked my urine, got me hooked up to monitors and did my vitals again. Everything checked out normal, and Ryken sounded great. The DR checked my cervix and it was closed, thick and high which is all good. We stayed for another 30 minutes while they continued to monitor Ryken and my contractions. I got released and was told to do nothing the rest of the weekend. So far today I've had 2 painful contractions, and thankfully they've been pretty far between the 2. My mom has been watching me like a hawk, and my sister and brother in law came over to help me too. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow morning, so I will discuss with her what happened and see what she wants me to do. Hopefully it was just a fluke thing and I don't have to be on bed rest... I know I will do whatever it takes to keep him in as long as possible though.

No comments:

Post a Comment