About Me

My photo
I met my husband about 6 years ago and we got pregnant about a year into our relationship. He is 4 now and such an amazing kid! We have been struggling to have a successful pregnancy for 2 years now, with 4 miscarriages all in the first tri-mester

What does it all mean??

TTC= trying to conceive

BBT= basal body temperature

HPT= home pregnancy test

OPK= ovulation predictor kit

BFP= big fat positive (what we want!)

BFN= big fat negative (what we loathe...)




What's been going on?

Dec 2004: Met Derek at a friends birthday dinner (and didn't like him lol!)

Feb 2006: Conceived Owen by surprise

Sept 22, 2006: Derek and I got married

Nov 6, 2006: Owen was born!

Nov 2008: Decide to TTC for #2

Jan 2009: Longest cycle ever, take HPT and got a BFP. Go to dr and find out we're mid miscarriage

May 2009: BFP!

June 2009: Go to DR for first OB appointment to find no heartbeat, off to hospital for D&C. Told to wait 3 months before TTC again

Dec 2009: BFP and one week later start bleeding, miscarriage #3

Jan 2010: Go in to see DR, check blood and all organs working well, and ovulating well.

April 2010: Another BFP. About a week later start bleeding again, miscarriage #4.

May 2010: Talk to my DR, has me wait 6 months before TTC again.

Sept 2010: Go to follow up with DR, has me start taking prenatal vitamins, baby asprin and progesterone 48 hours after ovulation (to take until my cycle starts, or reach 13 weeks in a pregnancy)

March 7th 2011: BFP!!!!! (over the next few days I ended up taking 4 tests to be for sure positive)

April 4th 2011: First OB appointment... saw lil baby on ultrasound and STRONG heartbeat of 175 bpm.

June 27th 2011: Second ultrasound, we're having a lil boy!

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

2+2=4

Ya... I've gained 2 more pounds... not happy. I know that for 11 weeks 4 pounds isn't bad, but I am SO beyond scared to gain too much weight. With Owen, I gained 38 pounds and I would prefer to not gain over 25 this time. So, I looked online to see which yoga poses to avoid during pregnancy so I can keep doing my yoga dvd's and not buy new prenatal ones. I also laced up my running shoes for the first time in about 5 weeks. I got Owen on his bike and he rode and I ran for about 1.26 miles... not much, but it's a start. Plus, Owen can't go as far as I can run. Anyways... I'm finally getting some energy back and I want to be active until I give birth. I'm also not so crazy hungry today (this could be different tomorrow!)... hopefully I wake up feeling good and not sore!

I've also researched which Weight Watchers meeting will work for us after this baby is born. Even if I only gain 25 pounds, I still need to lose more. When we started trying for a baby I was only about 5 pounds above my Weight Watchers goal weight. Now, I'm about 20 ugh. These last 2 years have made me just not care about my weight... not good!

2 comments:

  1. So I was reading this and that song came into my head, by some rapper guy "Breathe, stretch, shake, let it go!" Seriously, I know exactly how you feel. I did great with Brandon and Zacky hit me like a ton of bricks. I just had this same conversation with another girlfriend today.
    If I expressed these concerns to you while I was pregnant, I think you would encourage me. You would tell me to give myself a break and just don't push it.
    You are beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS
    No matter how many times I see a pregnancy tracker, I just love them! I think it is so awesome that your baby is now swallowing and is growing tooth buds!
    :)

    ReplyDelete