About Me

My photo
I met my husband about 6 years ago and we got pregnant about a year into our relationship. He is 4 now and such an amazing kid! We have been struggling to have a successful pregnancy for 2 years now, with 4 miscarriages all in the first tri-mester

What does it all mean??

TTC= trying to conceive

BBT= basal body temperature

HPT= home pregnancy test

OPK= ovulation predictor kit

BFP= big fat positive (what we want!)

BFN= big fat negative (what we loathe...)




What's been going on?

Dec 2004: Met Derek at a friends birthday dinner (and didn't like him lol!)

Feb 2006: Conceived Owen by surprise

Sept 22, 2006: Derek and I got married

Nov 6, 2006: Owen was born!

Nov 2008: Decide to TTC for #2

Jan 2009: Longest cycle ever, take HPT and got a BFP. Go to dr and find out we're mid miscarriage

May 2009: BFP!

June 2009: Go to DR for first OB appointment to find no heartbeat, off to hospital for D&C. Told to wait 3 months before TTC again

Dec 2009: BFP and one week later start bleeding, miscarriage #3

Jan 2010: Go in to see DR, check blood and all organs working well, and ovulating well.

April 2010: Another BFP. About a week later start bleeding again, miscarriage #4.

May 2010: Talk to my DR, has me wait 6 months before TTC again.

Sept 2010: Go to follow up with DR, has me start taking prenatal vitamins, baby asprin and progesterone 48 hours after ovulation (to take until my cycle starts, or reach 13 weeks in a pregnancy)

March 7th 2011: BFP!!!!! (over the next few days I ended up taking 4 tests to be for sure positive)

April 4th 2011: First OB appointment... saw lil baby on ultrasound and STRONG heartbeat of 175 bpm.

June 27th 2011: Second ultrasound, we're having a lil boy!

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 17, 2011

36 weeks

4 weeks left!!!! I can't believe we've gotten this far. I can remember just dreaming we'd get this far. At this point I know he can come at any time and would be a healthy boy. Although, I want him to wait for our c-section date because Derek will for sure be home. He leaves for Hawaii on Sunday and won't be back until around the time of the scheduled c-section.

With Derek being gone in Hawaii for what they say could be 8-10 months (we will see... it was supposed to be over 6 months last year and he was there for about 4), the boys and I will be visiting him about once a month. I know, rough times going to Hawaii once a month! I am hoping that with Owen being 5 and Ryken being pretty young, we will survive the 6 hour flight. I came across a little dilemma when it came to bring a stroller to Hawaii. I had purchased a Graco Snap n Go stroller and a Baby Trend jogging stroller secondhand. Which one to bring?? I kept toying with the idea of taking the jogging stroller, but the car seat doesn't attach and Ryken wouldn't be old enough to ride in it. It would be a huge help in the airport to lug carry on's in though. So I decided to research something that could work as both. I ended up selling both strollers on Craigslist not even 24 hours after I posted them. And yesterday I ordered this....

I'm really excited about it. The seat reverses so baby can face me, and it also lays flat which is PERFECT for a new baby. It comes with an infant car seat attachment so I can use it with the car seat... even better! I've read a ton of reviews and the only negative is that it is heavy... I've dealt with some heavy strollers before and I know this thing will be fine.

At my Dr's appointment today he's measuring right on still and his heartbeat sounds strong! I love hearing it!!! No progress, which is good since we will be bidding farewell to Derek this week... I must keep this boy in until he comes back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment